Saturday, October 21, 2006

I am the Saturday reporter because the rest of the crew is young and vibrant and lives for weekends.

Me, I'm just trying to avoid cleaning the house and grocery shopping. Muzak freaks me out. Hearing Neil's "Heart of Gold" in Pick 'n Save... sick and demented.

The newsroom is quieter on Saturdays. We wear old jeans and sweatshirts, eat those big, hard pretzels that crack fillings and swear out loud, if we had to I mean, which hasn't been the case so far. ( ;-D ).

Who knew that by age 49 something as mundane as running Saturday morning errands before work would be a highlight of the week.
Pitiful, really, but not without some indulgence.

Cranking a CD Katie at work burned for me. The windows on the Vibe rattle to Godsmack's "Voodoo" while I take my life into my own hands crossing Highway 151 at V, a debauchery (I love that word) of lanes and barrels and cars trying to avoid collision. Extreme bumper cars. I am terrified of 151 and haven't the courage to get on it. I am clueless as to where it goes.

Some worthwhile side trips along the way to work: Jitters, Act II Resale Shop, the Fond du Lac Public Library, Lakeside Park (just to measure how high the waves are) and the new gelato place at Forest Mall.

It is so worth skipping breakfast and lunch for a caramel gelato.

No comments: